There is a Myth which says hashtags don’t work in 2020. If you start believing in myths like these, then you should say Goodbye to growth and reach! Instagram hashtags are still useful in helping your post reach more people, worldwide! Yes, Using a proper set of hashtags in your posts can lead to wide discovery & reach, ultimately increasing the numbers on your profile visits & followers.
Though many new features have been added on Instagram, one thing remains constant, i.e. Use Of Hashtags. People use Instagram hashtags for likes, Instagram hashtags for followers!
Hashtags help in Getting Your Content Discovered.
You should always use hashtags in your every post. For example, if you are posting a photo regarding Local Kolkata Food or Street food of Kolkata,
When you use #kolkatasutrafood in your Kolkata Food-related post, you get views as soon as someone searches for the same hashtag! They can easily find your post in Recent and if it performs really well then it shows up in Top section under the hashtag.
How to Get The Perfect Hashtags?
To Get The Perfect Mix of Hashtags You Should Use At least 5-8 hashtags which are totally related to your post. After that, you should use at least 5 hashtags which are purely based on your niche, and in the end, use at least 5 hashtags which are widely used (#instalove #summerdiaries, etc)
Track your Instagram hashtag’s success with Post Insights:
- With Instagram Insights, Instagram added the ability to analyze how effective your hashtags are in getting more impressions on your posts!
- Pay special attention to the “From Hashtags” section under impressions. This number tells you how many people discovered your post through the hashtags you used
Research Your Competitors
It’s always smart to find out what hashtags your competitors are using. By doing so, you can:
Analyze which hashtags provide the most engagement.
- You’ll discover new hashtags to add to your Posts!
- If you own a business, You can figure out what your potential customers are talking about and which hashtags they’re using.
Avoiding These, While using hashtags is a must!
- One should not use the same set of hashtags in every post, One should change at least 4 to 6 hashtags on every post.
Don’t use any hashtag which is reported already by a lot of people, else Instagram may take you as spam!
2. Using the same set of hashtags can lead to shadowbanning!
3. Avoid using hashtags are not relevant to the picture/video that you are uploading on Instagram.
These were the few tips that I gained from my experience on Instagram while working on Kolkata Sutra Instagram Page and a few client pages for the last 2 years.
So tell me if you liked the article? And don’t forget to let me know in the comments section if I missed any point!